Cryptoheros spilurus (Blue Eye)
- Blue-Eye Cichlid, Blue Eyed Cichlid, Jade Eyed Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Cichlasoma spilurum, Heros spilurus, Archocentrus spilurum, Archocentrus spilurus
- Central America: Atlantic slope from Belize to Nicaragua.
- Males are more colourful, longer fins, and larger.
- Compatible only with robust similar-sized fish as this fish can be territorial and a bully.
- Frozen and live foods are best, will take flake, pellets as well.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- A spacious tank with good filtration.
- A moderately aggressive Cichlid that forms a very strong pair bond.
*Please note that all livestock listed may not be in stock in store at all times. We do our best to ensure that livestock listed on our website are available in store or from our suppliers. However this may change for some seasonal livestock. For confirmation of availability of livestock please contact our store.
**Please note that livestock will only be shipped by courier to New South Wales and Victoria, with exception of rural areas. If you are located interstate or in rural areas, the preferred method of shipment is airport to airport service, this will ensure the survival of the livestock. Please note that these services incur additional shipping charges to what is listed in the checkout. Please contact the store for a livestock shipment quote.
**Shipping to areas outside of urban Sydney can incur an extra $50-$120 fee, depending on the distance and accessibility of the destination.