JBL PROAQUATEST COMBISET Marin
- 6 Water tests to simply and accurately determine the most important water values in marine water, especially designed for fish aquariums
- Easy to use: add colour indicator and compare on colour chart, or count drops until colour changes
- Contains test for carbonate hardness, pH value, ammonium/ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and phosphate
- Childproof reagent bottles, waterproof plastic case, refill reagents separately available
- Contains: waterproof plastic case, 11 reagents, comparator block, 3 cuvettes, syringe, measuring spoons, colour charts, report sheets and instructions
Healthy aquariums with conditions close to nature
The right water values are dependent on the fish stock and the plants in the aquarium. Even if the water looks clear it can be contaminated. Bad values can cause diseases or algae in the aquarium. To maintain a healthy aquarium with conditions close to nature it is important to check and adapt the water values regularly. With JBL water tests you can determine all the relevant water values quickly, easily and very precisely.
The following tests are available for marine water:
pH test: acidity of the water from 3.0 to 10
pH test: acidity of the water from 6.0 to 7.6
pH test: acidity of the water from 7.4 to 9.0
O2 test: determination of the oxygen content
KH test: pH stability of water (carbonate hardness)
PO4 test: determination of the phosphate content (reason for algae growth and plant nutrient)
Test NH4 / NH3: indication of non-toxic ammonium, determination of the toxic ammonia using table
NO2 test: determination of nitrogen compound nitrite toxic for fish
NO3-Test: determination of the nitrate content (reason for algae growth and plant nutrient)
Cu Test: heavy metal deadly for invertebrates. Also important for adjusting the therapeutic dose of medications
SiO2 test: determination of the silicates (silicic acid) as cause for diatoms
Ca test: determination of the calcium content in marine aquariums. Should be between 400 and 440 mg/l for healthy coral growth
Mg/Ca test: determination of magnesium and calcium content in marine water aquariums. The magnesium content should be between 1200 and 1600 mg/l. During the procedure, first the Mg content is tested and then the Ca content. Subsequently, the value of the Ca content is subtracted from the Mg content and this is then the actual Mg content of the water.
You can analyse the water values you have measured in the JBL Online Laboratory free of charge and receive recommendations.